Many companies are investing in voice and chat technology to extend products, service customers, streamline internal processes, and grow brands. There is an increased demand for conversation designers, yet very limited formal instruction for those seeking to learn the discipline. The Voxable co-founders want to impart the foundational knowledge, processes, and best practices they obtained working with this technology and their clients over the past five years.
This course spans the end-to-end conversation design process—from conceptualization and research to handing over assets to developers.
🤔 Identify and work with the core technology of conversational user interfaces
🔎 Translate user research into conversational interactions
💎 Build a conversational brand
💬 Write sample scripts and structure conversational flow diagrams
✨ Refine elements to bring the conversational interface to life
🗣 Use natural language understanding (NLU)
⚡️ Work with developers to implement conversational UI
This course is appropriate for anyone who wants to understand how to design intuitive voice interfaces and chatbots.
- UX professionals
- Content strategists
- Product people
– Chad Currie, Creative Director, Slide UX
- How To Use This Course
- Introduction to Conversational Interfaces
- How Designers Can Adapt
- What Are Conversational Interfaces?
- The Conversational Interaction Loop FREE PREVIEW
- The Conversational Interaction Loop Quiz
- Project Brief
- Research Methods
- Jobs to be Done Framework
- Jobs to be Done Activity
- Voice, Tone, & Persona
- Conversational Brand Activity
- Introduction to Conversational Affinity Diagramming
- Introduction to Miro (Optional)
- Affinity Diagramming Activity: Creating Utterances
- Affinity Diagramming Activity: Organizing Utterances
- Introduction to Entity Definition
- Entity Definition Activity
- Conversational User Experience (Part 1)
- Conversational User Experience (Part 2)
- Key Moments in Conversation
- Introduction to Conversational Flow Diagramming
- Sample Script Writing & Conversational Flow Diagramming Activity
- Prototyping with the Wizard-of-Oz Method
- Introduction to Voxable
- Introduction to Conversational UI Elements
- Conversational UI Element Examples
- Acting Out Sample Scripts
- Writing for Voice-First Interactions
- Conversational UI Activity
- Introduction to Natural Language Understanding
- How to Create a Dialogflow Agent
- How to Build NLU Intents
- How to Add Responses to Intents
- How to Create NLU Entities
- How to Use NLU Entities
- Why You Should Learn Dialogflow
- Maintaining & Iterating the Agent
- 🎉 Conclusion
Assoc. Professor, User Experience, Austin Community College
$299.00Introduction to Conversational DesignIntroduction to Conversational Design - Access to the complete online course; video instruction, written content, activities, and resources.
$499.00Course PlusIn addition to access to the complete online course, get 10-minute video screencasts of the instructor providing feedback on the assets you produce for each course activity (7 total).
$649.00Course PremiumIn addition to access to the complete online course and instructor feedback, get a 60-minute web conference with the instructor to review any course concepts, processes, and/or activities in greater depth.